Whether a full body or cremated remains are desired to be laid to rest a wide variety of choices exist.
Full Body Remains
Choices include in ground space or above ground mausoleum crypts.
- Interment refers to in ground burial
- Entombment refers to burial in a mausoleum crypt.
- Ground burial in our cemeteries requires an outer container/vault. This is a concrete enclosure that protects the casket and is resistant to equipment. These vaults are not available through Catholic Cemeteries and must be selected and purchases through a funeral home.
- Mausoleum crypts, dependent on type, may hold one or more bodies.
Choices include in ground space or above ground mausoleum crypts or niches or columbarium niches.
- A Columbarium is a free standing structure designed to hold cremated remains. Each space within a columbarium is called a niche. Dependent upon type, a niche may hold one or more remains.
- Our Mausoleums also contain niches designed to accommodate cremated remains.
- An outer container/vault is not needed for entombment in a crypt or niche.
- An urn vault is required for interment. Urn vaults may be purchased from Catholic Cemeteries or through a funeral home.
- Our cemeteries gardens offer many different customizable flat memorial options or upright monument options. Memorials types available vary based on garden location
- Crypts and Niches have either standardized Bronze Plaques or engraving dependent upon location.